HOME





Me and Snowmen!

I don't just love scrapbooking, I also love decorating our home for special occasions.  When it comes to Christmas I definitely have a thing for snowmen!  I think next year I might have to put up two trees as I can't help adding to my "little" collection!  I also love to have lots of poinsettia plants around as they remind me of my Mum.  She gave me a poinsettia plant for my tiny bedsit (it was too small for a tree!) my first Christmas away from home in 1988.  Just a few Christmas images to keep me going until next year ...

I found these hanging crocheted snowflakes in, of all places, a tiny florist shop in Budapest.   
Snowmen found at TK Maxx. 

I added acorns and seed pods from my flower arranging stash to the garland.

Not only is the tree full of snowmen,
even the boxes under it are covered in snowmen!




A sock for Saoirse, Oisin and of course for Noodle
our 4 month old puppy.

I bought this basket with amaryllis bulbs in Lidl and added acorns,
cinnamon sticks and a little Robin, all from my flower arranging stash.

I love this felt mushroom found at TK Maxx, especially the little bird sitting on a twig.

This metal tree is perfect for the kitchen, another TK Maxx find.

The best of all - a Lego reindeer made by my 6 year old daughter.

2 comments:

  1. What a terrifically charming collection. I've long found myself drawn to snowmen, too, though can't claim to have much in the way of a collection amassed (yet!).

    Thank you very much for your lovely comment about my upcoming move. It would seem you and I share even more in common, because I actually used to live in Ireland (first Dublin and then Clonakilty, Co. Cork), and made the move back to Canada in 2006. We didn't however did not bring our household goods then, so the stress wasn't so much in moving them, as selling them off before we left for Canada. This time around, as we're sticking with the same country, everything is coming with us, which I'm really happy about.


    Tons of hugs & joyful wishes for 2012,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the amaryllis basket with the fir cones I will definatly do that next year roll on christmas. All your christmas arrangments are fab and as for the second tree I already went down that road about five years ago go for it girl!

    ReplyDelete