HOME





Happy Days

I love the colours in this layout using My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy Tickled Pink papers and they just happened to go so well with the clothes my children wore in this photo.  I have been known to coordinate what my children wear with scrapbooking in mind (I know, I know, what can I say?), but not in this case.  The journalling reads "brother and sister and best friends too" which sums up just how they are together.


The layout was inspired by a class given by Annemarie at The Scrapbook Store back in February 2011.  Check out Annemarie's shop and blog (the link is on the side) and the photos of her daughter on this layout - just gorgeous.   


I spent ages cutting out the tiny triangles for the banners and call me crazy but I inked every one!  I spent even longer cutting the tiny transparent square pads in half to 3D each triangle to the layout.  Very therapeutic I'm sure!


I had great fun cutting the grass with my Martha Stewart fringe scissors (my children loved using it as much as I did!).  I also used Tim Holtz's Sizzix Paper Rosette and Mini Paper Rosettes dies, rub-ons from Doodlebug, the big "Happy" brad from We R Memory Keepers and my McGill 3" file tab punch.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely LO Maria - your kids are gorgeous :) I admire your dedication to the cause, inking every triangle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout, Maria! As for inking the banner, everything in the name of art! Or scrap...
    Thanks for your comments, yes, confetti is everywhere nowadays. Either thrown randomly in the page or "packaged" like here: http://pinterest.com/pin/218213544414644716/

    ReplyDelete