HOME





Ons Familie


I lived in South Africa for 10 years, where I met and married my South African husband.  We now live in my home country Ireland and love going back to South Africa to see our "SA family". 

On one of our trips home to SA we decided it would be a great idea to have a family portrait taken.  The photography session started off well, the children were photographed together and with their Ouma (Grandmother), however, it all started to unravel!  It became too much for my daughter and she started crying and my son's eczema started to flare up with the heat of the studio and we had to hold his hands to prevent him from scratching. 

I think they both did really well considering all the travelling, new faces and places and especially the heat!  So, for my "SA family" - remember this...?

Our Family


The flower lifts to unfold the journaling tag.
Mayhem!  My husband and I are holding a very distressed daughter, my brother-in-law is holding my son and trying to prevent him from scratching, my sister-in-law is holding her daughter who is looking at mine and also looking a little fed up and all the while everyone else smiles for the camera!


A very proud Ouma with her grandchildren!



My husband with his Mum and sister.

Just love our son's two bottom teeth!
Such a happy photo!

Our nieces Cassidy and Delaney known jointly as "Casilane"!

Our curly head!


I can't for the life of me remember the brand name of the patterned paper!  For continuity the muted patterned paper is to the left and very patterned paper to the right.  I used vintage postcards, flowers buttons,, ribbons and stamped tags throughout the mini-album and finished it off with lots of distressing!

The parenthesis chipboard album is from Docrafts Papermania.  I used Tim Holtz's Sizzix Tattered Florals to die cut the flowers and covered them (and the curled tags behind the photos) using the Crisp, Crude and Happy collections from Basic Grey.  The brads are from Docrafts V&A Hanoverian.  The vintage postcards are from Cavallini & Co.  The scrap-a-holic stamp is from Kaisercraft and the scroll stamp is from Blade Rubber.



4 comments:

  1. Maria that is brilliant the photo's are great, time goes by so fast with kids you have to be quick to capture everything to keep the memories fresh as they get older they will love looking back on these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria that's fab. Everything's wonderful layouts, photos,your story behind it. You have such patience when it comes to scrapping. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria,

    Meant to comment on this when you posted it - it's such a wonderful mini-book. Great pictures. And I love how we rememeber all the little things, how the kids were tired, what we had to do to get the pictures. Life :)

    My blog post from today has something that might interest you... (but no pressure to take part :)

    ReplyDelete