HOME





Always Meant To Be

My first blog post!  I have often felt since giving up my career to become a SAHM that technology has passed me by, so setting up a blog has been a huge learning curve in this regard.


This layout is one of my favourites.  My daughter is only 5 weeks old and looking at this photo brings me right back to that time.  I always dreamed I would have a daughter with brown eyes (mine are green) and sure enough I did, so we were just meant to be!



The patterned paper in the layout is Crate Paper Restoration and PinkPaislee Hometown Summer, the brown paper is Papermania, the dress form is from a Maya Road chipboard album, the vintage postcard is from Cavallini & Co and the thread spool is Tim Holtz's Sizzix Sewing Room.  The large cream flower is from a hairband from Penney's and the small cream flower is made from ribbon.  I used the We R Memory Keepers Magnetic Ultimate Circle Cutter, which is a great gadget to cut 4" to 12" circles.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Maria, your blog looks amazing! Love the LO, the photo is beautiful!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation! You started to post on your blog! Love LO. Great color combination. You are very talented. Irene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria,

    Thank you deeply for your incredibly kind blog comment today. I'm extremely touched to know my LO about my little brother has inspired you to include more journaling on some of your pages.

    Truthfully, I could usually write a small novel for most of my LOs, but that's obviously not plausible for 12x12 pages, so instead I create some that are journaling heavy and others where the image(s) and embellies tell most of the story, which just a bit of journaling.

    I think a good balance of the two approaches gives viewers of your albums a lovely sense of what your life (and the lives of those you're scrapbooking about) was like.

    And speaking of lovely things, this layout is a complete joy! Detailed, gorgeous, and so sweetly touching.


    Thank you again very, very much, my new friend,

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete