HOME





Workshop Tutor

I was really delighted to be asked by Annamarie of The Scrapbook Store to design and tutor a workshop in May using the Webster's Pages Sunday Picnic collection.  

I was given 2 each of the Sunday Picnic die cut scallop, Blanket of Poppies and Rainbow Sky papers and 2 fabric tickets.

A very cheap way to add embellishments to layouts is to use doilies, scanned images and free printables (printed on acid free cardstock of course!).  I scanned a vintage envelope from my stash and found beautiful  rose themed free printables on Pinterest (check out my Printables board on Pinterest).  I also raided my ribbon, button and flower stash and came up with the following 3 layouts and a card made up from the leftover scraps.

The workshop was full and on the night everyone seemed to like the layouts so it was off to a good start.  Tutoring was great fun!  It was very busy with lots of fussy cutting, distressing, inking and scrunching.  Practically everyone went home with two layouts completed and the third to complete at home.  It was great to see the photos used and to hear the stories behind them and the ladies all seemed pleased with their layouts.  I was so excited when I first discovered free printables online and it was wonderful to be able to pass this information on to others at the workshop.  









The duplicate of each of the pages was used to cut out the flowers and rainbow, scrunch and layer on top of the original to create texture and depth.  The leftover paper was used to create tags, clouds, kite and for matting and layering - so there was no waste.  

I used my McGill 3" file tab punch, Tim Holtz's distresser tool and Carnivale die cut alphabet, Simple Stories alphabet stickers, Fiskars cloud punches, Martha Stewart's doily lace punch and one of my two favourite inks VersaColor Bamboo.

3 comments:

  1. Well done Maria on the beautiful layouts. Welcome back to the blogging world !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this class, all that scrunching was like therapy just think of all the people that annoy you and squeeze and squash feel the tension subside and get fab LO's to boot heaven! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great class! you did amasing job! thank for theaching us. Irene

    ReplyDelete